<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Subway Stories 3 ... the Destiny. 

[In addition to this story being 100% truthful, I warn that it is also quite vulgar. I apologize for the language, but in the pursuit of science we must press on.]

Different day. I'm on my way home. The train was particularly crowded because of "an earlier incident." I'm on the platform working my way down the stairs.

I hear: "FUCK YOU FAGGOT! YOU FUCKIN' FAGGOT! THAT'S ALL YOU IS."

I thought it was a man yelling (I was wrong), and I'm thinking that there's probably going to be an old-fashioned fracas going on when I get down to the stairs.

Then I see that it's actually a rather rotund short woman yelling at an even shorter and more rotund man. For the sake of the story, it is significant that they are both African-American.

"Oh yeah you like suckin' on that pussy don't you you faggot ... kissin' that white woman's ass."

Now these are verbatim quotes ... I'm not taking any liberties at all. Just imagine the scene -- the crowded area where the metrocard machines are (maybe a 15 by 15 square), a couple hundred people just got off the train and are working their way down the stairs, and these two are having one hell of a domestic squabble.

The man just kept backing away backing away until he ran out of real estate and couldn't back away any more. The woman continued berating him like a broken record. I thought for sure that she was going to clock him any minute.

Every so often you'd hear someone say something under their breath like "Can you believe these people," but absolutely no one confronted them or otherwise told them to cut it out. It was almost like we were there, but we weren't there. If she had pulled out a knife and cut his heart out, I think people would have just kept shuffling on just the same.

In any case, I turned the corner and continued walking along. I have no idea how the story ends.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?