<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Ignorant until proven otherwise 

Lots of people have lots to say about Barry Bonds ... good for them I guess. Seems pretty simple to me -- you can work out 16 hours a day 8 days a week for 10 years straight and your head doesn't suddenly swell up like a hat size when you're 35.

What's annoying to me is when people say that he's "innocent until proven guilty". People even like to be self-righteous about it, usually prefacing this mindblowing insight with something cute like, "I don't know -- I may be wrong wrong here -- but I thought that this was America and you are etc. etc. etc."

The only thing is, this isn't a criminal trial; people are just choosing to ignore his bogus accomplishments, not take away his liberty. Eveyone is free to reach their own conclusions to whatever level of certainty they feel comfortable with.

So you've seen Law & Order and you know that a criminal defendant is innocent until proven guilty -- good for you -- but all the armchair Alan Dirschowitzes out there should remember this: A little knowledge is a very dangerous thing.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?