<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, February 01, 2007

Sports Holiday 

Once the Superbowl ends, that's it sports-wise for me until April. To be honest, I kind of look forward to it. It means that I don't have to watch sportswriter-assholes yell at me why Barbaro should be sainted or how Johnny Unitas shit bars of pure gold.

You can see the change in the sports landscape taking place on ESPN right now: college basketball, the NBA, and hockey. I know some of you like hockey -- hey, God bless but not my cup of tea. By the way, I think Barry Melrose and Michael Irving share suits.

Basketball it basketball, college, pro, European, pick-up, wheelchair ... I'm not interested. And college basketball is worst of all. First, there's about 1,000 teams. I'm just not that interested by how U Delaware runs the high pick and roll or in all the zarious "zone" defenses etc. etc.

I'm 99% sure that SportsCenter could run the same college basketball highlights every day for a month and I wouldn't notice. They all go something like this: 1) steal, dunk 2) dunk over guy 3) shot at buzzer that either: i) goes in, or ii) misses. That's it.

People who like college basketball like to tell me that I'd be more into it if I went to a school where it was big. These people obviously don't know me very well. If they think that I'd be painting myself blue and jumping up and down in the stands hollering whenever the other team touches the ball, they are well off the mark.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?