<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, January 09, 2005

Let the insanity resume 

As I begin the spring semester, I just wanted to put it out there that my default setting is doing work. If you ask me what I did last night and I say, "Oh nothing. I watched TV and scratched my ass," I am lying. All I do is work. When I sleep, I dream about statutes and cases.

And I multi-task as well. Five, ten, twenty things at the same time. If something takes 3 hours to do, I'm doing it in 1 1/2. With the extra ninety minutes I'm doing core exercises with a medicine ball ... you know, to build up endurance for all the extra work I'll be doing.

I also have finally made the move to cold showers -- sharpens the mind, reduces sexual desires. No distractions, that's my motto.

Of course I'm kidding. Sadly, however, some of my colleagues probably think more or less along these lines ... or more accurately, they want other people to think that this is how they think. Law students literally drip with fear -- fear of failure. We've got the world by the short hairs but you'd never know it.

I don't know when it happened, but some time ago I started focusing on what I can control instead of what I can't. This was a big coup for me. A 4.0 would be nice, but it ain't happening. So I work hard, do all I can do, and let the chips fall where they may.


|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?