<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, March 31, 2004

Rotisserie players nationwide pull hair out --

ESPN.com - MLB - Prior's return: May 1 is 'optimistic'

I picked a little fantasy baseball team of my own on Yahoo. I wouldn't have done it except it was free, since I can pretty much gaurantee I'll be coming in last.

As a matter of fact, somehow or another I'm already in last place, even though only two games have been played ... and I have Kevin Brown.

Sidenote -- The Sporting News has the Yankees six on their preseason power poll, with the note, "Watch them implode." Come on, give me a break.

The Team -- Zephyrs

(No, I do not lose the irony that half my team is Red Sox)

Varitek (Bos - C)
Nevin (SD - 1B)
Loretta (SD- 2B)
Blalock (Tex - 3B)
Garciaparra (Bos - SS)
Ramirez (Bos - LF,DH)
Sosa (ChC - RF)
Anderson (Ana - LF, DH)
Green (LA - RF)
Biggio (Hou - CF)
Dunn (Cin - 1B)

Colon (Ana - P)
Brown (NYY - P)
Santana (Min - SP,RP)
Gordon (NYY - RP)
Miller (Hou - SP)
Perez (LA - SP)
Buehrle (CWS - SP)
Washburn (Ana - SP)
Lilly (Tor - SP)
Donnelly (Ana - RP)

One last baseball thought. If the Red Sox had Keith Foulke last year, they go to the World Series. Pedro would have been pulled earlier and Foulke would have closed it. Why didn't they pull Martinez? Because who were they going to put in, Kim, the goat of all goats? The bullpen has been the Sox' achilles heel during this last Yankees/Red Sox rivalry, so Foulke scares me just as much as Schilling. Schilling can only pitch every fifth day, I may be having nightmares about Foulke by July.


|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?