<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, March 22, 2004

Life in the Fast-lane --

If the United States were an inanimate contraption, I say that it would be cruise control.

What is more American than doing eighty automically? DO the French have cruise control -- I doubt it. And if they do, it's in some way or another inferior to our version.

They don't call me I-95 for nothing --

I was also pretty impressed yesterday while driving from NYC to DC that E-Z Pass has taken the next step in destroying the completely unnecessary phenomenon of toll plaza traffic. Now you can drive your E-Z Pass under an overpass of sorts at 55 mph and not have to slow down at all to go through the toll. The overpass must have super E-Z Pass detectors that can read your pass at speed.

Talk about vorsprung durch technik.

Speaking of tolls, where does Delaware get off having two tolls within about 15 miles. I guess they have to make up for all the lost tax money they eat by charging the lowest corporate taxes in the country, if not the world.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?