<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, March 11, 2004

Egg and Cheese Sandwiches --

Egg and cheese sandwiches are my favorite breakfast. I like a nice scrambled egg, but you just can't beat the combination of egg, melted cheese, and bread. Every time I have one, I think to myself that now I am one more step closer to heart disease than I was before. Whatever, you can't have one every day, but they're good as hell.

It's amazing the difference between the sandwich you buy in New York and here in DC. In New York, it's on a soft round roll, and most people put ketchup on it. In DC, you get it on toast, buttered toast. Strange. And you can have white or wheat bread. Now I like wheat bread, and I like cold-cut sandwiches on wheat bread, but egg on toasted wheat -- no, i think not.

Beth says that's how they make them out in the STL as well so I guess this version is pretty common. It was weird at first, but it certainly has grown on me, although I'm not so thrilled about all the butter, but you know what, if you're that damn health-conscious, then the egg and cheese sandwich may not be for you.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?