<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, January 16, 2004

Continuing on That Stream of Consciousness Tip --

I was in Borders earlier buying that new Pulp joint (Sheffield stand UP !!), and I couldn't help but noticing all the Valentine's day junk for sale. Correct me if I'm wrong, but St. Valentine's day is not for a month from now.

Since when does Valentine's day get it's own month-long build-up?? There is no Valentine's season, like there is a Christmas season -- actually, I'm sorry, apparently there IS a Valentine's season, but there shit sure SHOULDN'T be.

BY THE WAY, assholes, every day of the year doesn't have to be "something". We don't go from holiday to holiday -- Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Valentines, Easter, Memorial Day, Boxer Day -- most days are absolutely nothing. There are, in a word, ordinary. The holidays are meant to be a break from the ordinary, something special. ERGO, if every day is either a holiday or the preamble to a holiday, then who cares about holidays any more??

You know the Romans had something like 250 holidays, and look how they turned out.

In retribution my girlfriend gets nothing this year, so I hope you decadent money-whores at Hallmark are happy.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?