<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, December 30, 2003

Day of the Shadow--

That's what I saw Groundhog Day called on some web site. Seems like a bit of hyperbole to me -- I mean, the day of the shadow seems like a moniker more fit for thermonuclear war than some overgrown rodent molestation.

They say that the groundhog communicates with the handler in a secret groundhog language, but I have a strong suspicion that the guy makes it up. As far as I know human beings are the only species with a robust enough spoken language to communicate a concept as abstract as future weather patterns.

I bet the mayor of Pawksa-wherever checks weather.com to see if it will be a bad winter or not and then he tailors his "prediction" accordingly. I also happen to know that the groundhog prefers to go by his given name, Phillip.

So the whole thing's basically a sham. Probably either Masonic or Commie to boot.

But hey, the Mayberries of the world have got to do something to keep afloat and stay quaint, so we've all got our little skams.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?