<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, December 18, 2003

The Greatest and Best of 2003 --

I wanted to write a "best of" list, where I would write pithy comments about all the pop cultural events that we all shared this year. Some of my comments would be sarcastic, ironic, you know, that old song and dance. There would have been cateogories on Movies (what's the deal with"Gigli"?), Dictators (Kim Jong Il as a dark horse), and TV show (the year of the gays).

Unfortunately, I'm incapable of producing such a list, either because I'm too lazy or too out of the loop.

So here's my 2003 list instead:

Best Movie: Bad Santa -- if you thought it was too vulgar you need to grow a pair

Best Shocking but not really Shocking Event: Toss up between the capture of Saddam Hussein and the arrest of Michael Jackson

That's all I got. In all other regards, this was a mediocre year.

It's already 2004 and we still have no way to identify this decade, by the way (the naughts is not acceptable, sorry).

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?