<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, January 02, 2004

News From the Front Lines --

I have spent the last two days in a constant vigil, watching my TV so as to deciper its current condition and status. I have seen Shaka Zulu twice and Darkman II thrice. I have seen the Orange Bowl, the Cotton Bowl, the Citrus Bowl, and the Rose Bowl. I have heard every word out of Anderson Cooper, Bill O'Rielly, and Christiane Amonpour. In a word, I am one with the television device.

My conclusion is that television is the most insidious and destructive force ever created for the corruption and degradation of the human mind. Not only does TV makes you dumber, it also makes you like it, like a pimp that tells you he loves you almost as much as he gives you the back of his hand.

Best quote so far: "You wouldn't know a good plan if it got pounded up your ass by a jackhammer." -- random criminal-type in the motion picture Darkman II.

I also think that the Mannings must have some secret book where they keep all their quarterbacking secrets ... a dead sea scroll of the forward pass or something. Every one of those fuckers is a hall of fame worthy QB. And Peyton Manning should have the MVP for himself; he's quietly setting all kinds of records.

I guess that's it.


|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?