<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, February 17, 2006

A Proposal for a Directive of the European Parliament and of the Council on Services in the Internal Market 

I just want to show my great appreciation for my good fortune over the last 48 hours with respect to my note.

First, I have really shit the bed by not working on my note more up to this point. I will freely admit that. BUT, yesterday, two amazing things happened that have me more optimistic about the prospects of its timely completion.

1) The international law reference librarian held an info session on researching EU law ... basically saving my life. I now know that what I have is what I thought it was (but wasn't 100% sure). This may not sound like much, but in legal research it's fucking gold.

2) The bit of EU legislation that is the topic of my note was voted on yesterday by the EU parliament. Because of how EU lawmaking works, this doesn't mean that it is "law" just yet (it probably won't be final for at least two more years, if at all), but, because the European Parliament's version differs in important ways from the previous version, I now have a ready-made thesis (AKA why I think the changes were unnecessary).

This is not to say that I'm out of the woods yet -- there's a lot ... A LOT of work to do. But, for the first time since this thing started, I'm optimistic and I have a direction.

All those deposits in my karma bag have finally paid off -- soli deo gloria.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?