<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Repaying the debt of Lafayette 

Last week in contracts our professor made an analogy about fraud using the example of Lucy pulling the ball away from Charlie Brown. In that class, there's this French guy that sits next to me. He raised his hand because he had never heard of Charlie Brown (which by the way I'm very skeptical of -- remember when the whole Peanuts gang went to France? Although I suppose the Gauls do prefer Rin Tin Tin).

Anyway, at the beginning of class today I saw the professor casually hand him a book of Peanuts cartoons. He sat down next to me and laughed out loud in that glottal (sp?) way that only the French can.

I say -- you gave us Liberty at Yorktown, we give you cartoon pratfalls and genetically engineered corn.


|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?