<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, July 16, 2004

I'm OK -- you're OK 

Forget any build up or explanation, to hell with background -- OK Computer is the greatest and best record of all time.

For serious, when OK Computer hit my brain, I was changed. I went from a bubble-gum ninja turtle 16 year old to a misanthropic technophobe battle toad practically overnight. To be honest, it's been a tough mindset to break ... for whatever reason, optimism doesn't always come to me naturally.

I can remember when I first saw the video for Paranoid Android on MTV -- when Thom Yorke says, "God loves his children, God loves his children .... Yeah," and the yeah is so damn sarcastic and ironic, it's liable to make a young impressionable lad with hairs shooting out of his nuts for the first time question a few things.

Anyway, we all know what happens next. Radiohead gets too big for their own mental health and they decide to never make an accessible album again. Instead they'll do 10 electronic tracks that suck and one or two great songs (and by one or two great songs, I don't mean one or two COMPLETE great songs, I mean more like four or eight 1/4 great songs interspersd within the 10 shitty ones, so it's not even like you can just skip the bad ones to hear the good ones).

For their own good someone should steal their synthesizers.


|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?