<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, June 17, 2004

XBox Syndrome 

Man I am playing the hell out of my new XBox. I only have one game, MVP Baseball, but I could play that thing all day. The only thing stopping me really is that the controller is so large and awkward that my thumbs and wrists are experience some form of video game carpal tunnel.

Yes, I created myself in the game. And yes, I made myself really really good. In my current incarnation, I'm a southpaw starting pitcher for the Cards with a plus plus 4-seamer and a killer knuckle curve. I also feature a change and a forkball. I realized after the fact that I should have substituted the 4-seamer for a cutter since I don't think I've ever thrown a "fastball" in my life that wasn't cut or just flat out thrown with a curveball grip.

I am currently 3-1 with a 3.08 ERA, so it's not like I made myself Cy Young or anything.

Because MVP Baseball is the greatest game ever conceived the video game version of me pitches like a 23 year old -- I'm money for 5 innings and then I tire. I can play with the same franchise for up to 140 seasons (who does that I don't know) and as each year passes, young players get better, older ones get worse, contracts expire, you can call up guys from AAA, etc.

I decided to use the Cardinals because A) they're my second favorite team, and B) I just think that if I used the Yankees I would take it too personally and it wouldn't be as much fun.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?