<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, June 09, 2004

Man, I could do this all day. Write lists, that is. 

Top Five Favorite Yankees (My Lifetime -- Non active)

5. Joe Girardi
4. Mike Stanton
3. John Wetteland
2. Paul O' Neill (for so thoroughly busting Michael Kay's chops)
1. Don Mattingly

Top Five Yankees (Active)

5. Javier "the future of los Yankees" Vasquez
4. Mariano "Gagne ain't shit" Rivera
3. Jason "I've fallen a few spots on this here list" Giambi
2. Alex "Golden Boy" Rodriguez
1. Hideki "Japanese Paul O'Neill" Matsui

NOTE: Bernie is a bit in no man's land here. He was my favorite Yankee, but he's been on the schneid (sp?) the last few years. When he retires -- A.K.A. when the Yankees get Carlos Beltran -- Joe Girardi gets bumped.

Top Five Yankees (All Time)

5. Whitey Ford
4. Mickey Mantle
3. Don Mattingly
2. Lou Gehrig
1. Babe Ruth

NOTE: I'm not sure if Lou and George should technically qualify, on account of them being semi-divine sons of Zeus and all.

Top Four Non-Yankees (Active)(No ex-Yankees either)(I just feel that wouldn't be quite fair, okay?)

4. Barry "two years ago" Zito
3. Lyle Overbay
2. Mark Prior
1. Scott "So you still say Larry Bowa doesn't hurt the Phillies?" Rolen

NOTE: I was very tempted to put Jamie Moyer on there, just because who knows, I could be like that guy in Disney's motion picture "The Rookie" and all of a sudden become a soft tossing lefty starter at age 37.


|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?