<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, June 09, 2004

Times is hard 

A while back I had an idea for renting puppies. It would be for people who love dogs, like myself, but don't have the time or resources or patience to own one full-time.

I'm not sure if it would be like Blockbuster, where you have the dog for a specific time, or Netflix, where you could keep it as long as you want. Maybe more like Zipcar ... suffice it to say the business model still needs a little tinkering.

The reason I bring it up is because I was just reading an article in the NYT -- somebody stole my idea !!

You know, when I come up with these gems people think I'm nuts -- e.g. ear gloves. Ear gloves are pieces of flannel or some other warm material roughly in the shape of the ear that could comfortable fit over the ear and be gently held in place with elastic. It's for people like myself that don't want to wear a hat or ear-muffs when it's cold outside.

When I told people about this all I heard was how dumb it was. Guess what I saw being sold on the street here in DC this winter?? My brilliant idea, that's what.

G-D hoi polloi.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?