<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, June 16, 2004

To a good friend 

I just wanted to take a moment today to show some appreciation to a friend that has been a faithful compadre of mine for many years. This friend is selfless -- always willing to go the extra mile and do double duty when necessary -- strong, and able.

When I'm in a pinch I go to you, broseph, you're my number one.

Yes, I am referring to you, my favorite short sleeved button down blue shirt from Structure.

You've been in my life so long now that Structure doesn't even exist any more. You're my ace, a regular in my rotation, and you're also very easy to iron. I wear you in the winter with khakis, and in the summer with shorts. Sometimes I wear a white tee shirt under you, sometimes navy blue. I even leave you un-buttoned sometimes if I go to the beach or in other similar casual environments. You're equally at home in the office or on vacation -- what I'm trying to say is you're versatile.

Just this morning I was thinking how I didn't have anything to wear -- all my shirts were a wrinkled mess. But you, oh you ... you were ready to answer the call. And I thank you for the ten extra minutes of sleep you gave me this morn.

I cannot recall how much I paid for the honor -- NO -- the privilege, of your service ... who knows, you might have cost twenty bucks. But when you consider I have probably worn you once a week for three maybe four years, I'd say that was an investemnt well worth it.

And I'm so happy how we didn't let our different backgrounds interfere in our relationship ... just because you were born in Bangladesh doesn't mean I like you any less. I'd do anything for you, too -- I'd even give you the shirt off my back if you asked.

God bless, good friend. And here's to many more years as best buds for life ... or until you wear out.


|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?