<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, December 15, 2005

Restoring my faith in the Lawrd 

A couple of days ago, when the earth decided to relive the Ice Age, I was carrying a lot of shit. I had been at school studying and I was pretty stressed and unhappy. I was wearing gloves. I go to the ATM to get money. I put the money in my jacket pocket. I put my ATM card back in my wallet, and as I'm putting my wallet into another pocket, I drop it. It hits the concrete with the loudest completely silent thud of all time.

Only I didn't realize that I dropped it until I got home. BUT before I got home, I had to detour to the DC equivalent of a bodega to buy Beth ranch dressing ... because she really needed ranch dressing.

I get home -- no wallet. I am angry. I drive to ATM, no wallet. I walk home -- again -- in the freezing cold, no wallet on the street. I go to the Indian guy that runs the grocery, he's useless to me as well. I get home -- again -- and cancel all my shit. Thankfully, I don 't keep everything in one wallet. I calm down a bit.

Little did I know that an honest man named Ed Pine had found my wallet and was trying to get it back to me. Only, I have a NY driver's license, so there was no way for him to find me. He must have gone through a bit of trouble, because the next day he calls GW, and then GW calls me. I get back said wallet, everybody's happy. And Ed Pine did a mitzah ... how appropriate for this holiday season.

Mazel Tov !!

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?