<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, November 28, 2005

Writing this blog makes me angry ... 

I have about 47,000 better things I could be doing right now, but instead I'll post something dumb on this blog that nobody reads anyway.

Q: What happens when you take two Tylenol PMs when you're already dead tired and struggling to stay awake?
A: You sleep for 13 hours and have the most fucked up dreams of your life. I'm talking $10,000-worth-of-pyschotherapy-to-reverse type dreams.

The bearded man challenge is back on. I fucked it up the last time, but I've learned my lesson. Today is day 7 and I'm feeling strong.

While I was home I picked up a book of selections on epistemology that I had in college. The state of philosophy nowadays is so smallminded. It seems the only way to get tenured in this country is to do this philosophy of language bullshit -- WHO CARES!?!? I guess philosophers have accepted defeat at the hands of science and now must justify their continued existence in some other way. But really, how much mileage can you wring out of this formalism? Then again, maybe I just don't understand it. I've been known to do that -- write something off because I can't see its usefulness immediately. I have found, on the other hand, that being able (and willing!) to label something as dumb right away is a very efficient and sensible way to live most of the time. Every 100 years or so philosophy needs to reinvent the wheel, not just incrementally make it more boring and obtuse.

Q: Why is it called the hot stove?

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?