<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, July 30, 2005

YMB 

The end of an era -- Ron & Fez are done in DC and will soon be making their way back to NYC on XM radio with Opie & Anthony.

I had never been into a radio show before, but for the last year I have listened to R&F pretty consistently. They're not shock-jocks like Stern of even O&A -- they're just funny guys. I'm considering getting XM -- even though it is a new thing and I am automatically wary of new things.

Any way, after the show on Fridays the guys from R&F go to this bar in Fairfax. I had never been before, but, it being their last show and all, Beth and I jackassed our way out there.

I knew from the internet that Ron and Fez were pretty fat, but my God, their whole crew is pushing three bills. When I have the best physique in the room something is not quite right.

Ron came over and sat with me and Beth for ten minutes or so -- which was really cool of him -- until some real weird guy came over and turned stalkerattzi on Ron, ruining what was otherwise a nice conversation. Dick.

Crazy Guy: "Remember in December when you played that Pretenders song? That was like a major life moment for me man."
Ron: "No, not really ...."
AWKWARD PAUSE
Crazy Guy: "Man, that time you guys were talking about whether, if you had a button that could blow up the moon, but like it wouldn't kill nobody or nothing .... I would totally push that fucking button!!!"
DAVE (A LITTLE DRUNKY) LAUGHING HYSTERICALLY
Dave: "I wouldn't blow up the moon ... the moon is beautiful. "

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?