<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, May 27, 2005

You've got no marbles ... 

I haven't written a lot about the Yankees, mostly because their bad start had me contemplating suicide. Now that they've won 15 out of 17 and are only 4.5 games out of first, I feel like I can relax a little.

In a way, the bad month the Yanks had might have been a blessing. This team has all the talent in the world, that was never a question. The problem area for this team was a (perceived) lack of heart. Well, I'd say the run that they've gone on over the last month shows a lot of heart. And if they can get to 90 wins and take the division, that would be a major achievement. I don't care what anybody says, the Orioles are not going to pitch this well for 4 more months. It's just not happening. And, the Yankees are only going to pitch better.

Kevin Brown is realizing that he has to live at 88-91, Mussina is coming along, and RJ will get over whatever injury he must have. Wang has been a shot in the arm (my nightmare is that the Yankees trade him to the Astros for Roger), and Pavano is quietly doing his business as a number 3. If Wright comes back, he fits into the mix too, maybe a long man in the playoffs with Wang, who knows.

The offense has been awesome, and it still has some upside. Overall, I like where the Yankees are at right now.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?