<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, March 25, 2005

The Dishwasher Trilogy 

We've been having all sorts of problems with the dishwasher. When you start the thing up it sounds like a hot rod or a muscle car going nuts in the kitchen. So Beth called up the management company and they sent over Skip (real name) to look at it.

I talked to Skip the other day on the phone -- really talkative fellow. Told me all about the fan in the motor and the bearings and all sorts of stuff I wouldn't need him for if I understood. Turns out the dishwasher is from 1986 -- 19 years is pretty good for a home appliance.

Blah blah blah we're supposed to get a new dishwasher today. So I intentionally took a little longer to get home because I hate being home when workers are doing stuff. I like to leave in the morning, come back, and have the shit taken care of. When you're home while they're working, it's not like you can do anything really, and the conversation is so awkward.

Anyway so I get home at 2:00 and the old dishwasher is still in there. So now it's almost 2:30 -- will they still come today?? I mean, I want my goddamn dishwasher to work. I'm paying part of my rent for the privilege of not having to hand-wash all my plates and what have you, so I want this taken care of.

BUT on the other hand, I'm relaxing, kicking my feet back, chilling out. I don't want these knuckleheads running roughshod all over my apartment for the rest of the afternoon.

:: UPDATE ::

3:30 PM
Skip and Rick are here right now. Very nice guys, very helpful. They have the new dishwasher -- seems like a nice piece of machinery. And the icing on the cake, the dishwasher came with some free soap.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?