<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, July 02, 2004

4 July 

Going to Albany this weekend to celebrate the Fourth. Hope we don't run out of bug repellant is all I have to say.

Did you know that July 1st is "Canada Day"? I don't know what that is exactly -- but why does Canada always try to copy us?

When I was in Ireland I got into an argument/discussion with a Canadian over the Iraq issue. At the time we had not yet invaded Iraq. I was drunk and a little sick of defending my country so I basically told him, "You know what, the US is going to do whatever it wants and there's not a hell of a lot that anybody can do to stop us."

It was a satifying thing to say at the time, but I bet that it only cemented that guy's belief that all Americans are arrogant pricks .. which we kind of are.

DID YOU KNOW that the Republic of Ireland was a neutral country in WWII? Those stubborn donkies preferred to watch the most important conflict of the century from the sidelines rather than be allies with the hated British. What a disappointing expression of Irish nationalism.

P.S. The Yankees are 17-12 in games Pedro has started since he joined the Red Sox in 1998.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?