<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, June 30, 2004

More of the same 

A couple things:

Read Bronx Banter, a blog about the Yankees. It's good.

Lieber vs. Wakefield ... I'll take those chances. Now, I don't know a whole lot about knuckleball throwers, but I'd imagine that it's not the kind of thing that you can just muscle in there. What I mean is, Wakefield blew game 7, and that's got to bug him, but it's not like he can come in to Yankee Stadium like Randy Johnson or something all pumped up and blow you away. He's got to maintain his calm or his knucklers won't exactly knuckle. I don't know what that means really but I thought I'd throw it out there.

I've already got the Sox penciled in to win the Pedro v. Opie game, but at the least I'm hoping the Yankees make Pedro work ... you know, get him a few pitches closer to his inevitable DL stint.

Anybody who thinks the Red Sox are out of it is a dummy. I remember in I think it was 2000 when the Yankees swept the Red Sox in Fenway in early August to put them 8 1/2 games back. Even the Red Stocking announcers publicly threw in the towel. Then the Yankees decided to lose something like 17 of the last 19 games -- they wound up winning the division by I think 2 1/2. NOW, if the Red Sox weren't a bunch of defeatist losers, they would have fought to the end and maybe pulled off a great August comeback a la Bucky "Fucking" Dent. SO whether it's 4 1/2 or 8 1/2 games at the end of this series this is by no means over. If the Yankees can gain 11 games on Boston in 6 weeks, the Red Sox can do the same to us.

XXX FACTOR -- Jerry Colangelo might not want to trade Randy Johnson to the Yankees, but he might just trade him to the Sox if he knew it would screw George Steinbrenner.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?