<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, December 01, 2003

Chicken and Beer --

I know a place where the beer flows like wine and for $16 you can get all you can eat wings and 3 pitchers of beer. So me and my friends went down there this Saturday. It sounds like a great idea, but you have to do it between 1 and 6PM, so what winds up happening is that you're home and hung-over by about 8PM and you have to deal with that for the rest of the night while everyone else around you is completely sober.

Anyway, I guess I was being a jerk because one of my friends punched me in the mouth and another one socked me in the balls. When I got home, I watched The Family Man with my Mom and Beth. Beth kept taunting me, but I was just so happy to be eating some eggplant parmigiana my Mom made that I didn't care.

This reminds me of the first time I ever drank. It was a summer afternoon and one of my friend's parents were away, so we raided his dad's liqour cabinet. Of course, we didn't want to drink too much of any one thing, so we took a little from everything. I think we mainly drank sour mix, but somehow we all got drunk and were wandering around our neighborhood. I think it's safe to say we all lost some of our innocence that day ... although there is a kind of bacchanalian purity in rolling in thick grass inebriated at the cusp of adolescence. Or is that just gay? Whatever.

So I think I knocked over some garbage cans and was yelling obscenities at passers-by, so I probably deserved what I got.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?