<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, November 21, 2003

Pet Peeve --

It is well documented that I have a strong aversion to a variety of sounds that run the gamut from creaking floorboards to computer keyboards, and that I can become homicidal if such noises interfere with my sleep. Well I just wanted to give special recognition to a noise which I think is not only enormously grating, but also pretty rude.

Filing your nails in public. Why? There is nothing like an Emory board scrape scrape scraping across some knuckleheaded woman's nails to tear right through you. Filing your nails is not time-sensitive as far as I know -- this can be done at home, in your own time -- not at your desk in the office, and not on line at the post office, and not in any public place at all, really.

So in ten years when I've finally had enough and pull a Falling Down on some poor slob who happens to be be popping their gum for no reason or chewing with their mouth open, don't blame me because you're an asshole.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?