<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

The "Cool" Prude -- OR -- "Responsible" Sexuality in a Consequence Free Culture 

I think that this story, quoting Scarlett Johansson, are very typical of the confused sexuality of our time.

"Josh is very sweet. He's a good boy. A great person. I'm very lucky and I'm very happy. Contrary to popular belief, I'm not promiscuous.

"There does seem to be a mistaken belief out there that I am sexually available somehow -- which is not to say that I'm not open-minded about sex," she continues. "Yet I wouldn't say I'm a serial monogamist, either. I mean, I went through periods of time when I was, ah, single. But when I'm in a relationship, I'm in a relationship."

"I do think on some basic level we are animals, and by instinct we kind of breed accordingly," she says. "But as much as I believe that, I work really hard when I'm in a relationship to make it work in a monogamous way."

"I get tested for HIV twice a year. ... One has to be socially aware," she says. "It's part of being a decent human, to be tested for STDs. It's just disgusting behavior when people don't. It's so irresponsible."



|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?