<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, October 07, 2006

He doens't look like a thing like Jesus 

A stream of consciousness poem by yours truly, el diablo:

People probably edit stream of consciousness poems after the fact, right?
Of course they do, duh.
So that kind of undermines the whol project, doesn't it?
Wait, what is "the project"? What is it that is meant to be gained by doing stream of consciousness?
I guess the idea is that your "true" thoughts will come out.
That'd dumb -- like how Scientologists say that the mind records everything that happened to you in your life. What a childish idea.
"Man is matter, that is Snowden's secret."
I looked out the window there for a second, trying to remember a quote somewhere about human agency and determinism ... couldn'd recall it, so I'll move on.
My history of ancient philosophy professor asked on us an exam what was the first quote of western philosophy. I felt at the time, and still feel, that that was an unfair question.
Klaus Brinkmann was his name -- a white haired, doughy bespeckled man from the Netherlands maybe? Actually I think he was German.
He was a tough teacher.
Similar to law school, he would cold-call on people. Maybe that's how they teach philosophy in Germany.
I remember well that he was teaching us about the difference between analysis and synthesis with respect to Kant's transcendental idealism when he looked at the chalk in his hand and went, "What's this called ... chalk?" in his ambiguously Germanic accent. It took him a minute to get the name. The absurdity of the moment. The man could rattle off deep thoughts like nothing -- his intellect was like a laser, and yet he couldnt remember the name of a common object he was holding.
By the way, I made up the fact that he wore glasses ... I just thought that bespeckled fit well there.
I saw him smoking once -- that disappointed me.
Another Kant story.
My Kant professor (a different class) was taught by a man with the most intensely blue eyes I've ever seen -- Alfredo Ferrarin. He was Northern Italian.
He also taught philosophy like law school ... must be a Contintental thing.
When he found out I took Latin he would ask me to translate all the Latin terms that came up ... conditio sine qua non, literally "a condition not without which", i.e. a necessary condition.
Anyway, on thursday september 11th, from 9 AM to 11AM I was in a windowless basement classroom of a class building that was a converted factory of some sort. While thousands died I learned about the metaphysical theories of a 18th century prussian ... talk about absurdity. i had no idea it had happened until my next class, Political communications -- the most bullshit class ever.
the fact that they add "science" at the end of "political science" is a goddamn joke. what a bullshit pursuit of one's time.
OK, fin.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?