<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Take 'em to church 

Today I wore a 1936 replica Washington Senators Baseball Club hat to school. It has a big "W" on the front -- the first letter in the word Washington, which is the short name of the city Washington, D.C. is "W".

By some amazing coincidence, the letter "W" has more than one meaning. (Who would have thunk that those 26 little letters could carry so many different meanings if you just re-arrange them this way or that?)

No less than 5 people asked me if it stood for Dubya Bush. And it's the way they asked.

1) Who the fuck are you?

B) Whatever, it's clearly a Senators hat, but I'm willing to accept that perhaps it's a bit ambiguous. What I will not tolerate is people judging me like I'd be some goddamn leper if I had actually had the audacity to have voted for Bush.

Now I don't like Bush and I wouldn't have voted for him -- but people are free to think what they want to think and vote for who they want to vote for. We're getting a little old for people to basically say, "You like Bush, ewww." Grow the fuck up. Reasonable minds can differ. Did you like Kerry because you agree with his policies (whatever they were that day) or because all your peers told you to, you goddamn fucking mindless lemmings.



|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?