<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, September 13, 2004

Ah, nothing like the ineffectual expression of anger 

I don't know ... maybe it's because it's late Sunday night and the weekend is officially over. Maybe it's because I had a bad day. Maybe it's because the Yankees are looking shitty lately and the Football Giants are shitty as usual. Or it could be that I had a bad law school studying day.

Who knows?

Maybe I'm going through my changes.

For whatever reason, this Peter Gammons article really pissed me off.

I love PG, I read Moneyball, I get it -- Science conquers all, baseball scouts are washed-up hacks, A's get bounced in first round of playoffs, Bill James is most important American thinker since Thoman Jefferson. But if baseball continues down the path it's going down and becomes more and more about stats and determinism over hunches and the human will, then I'm just going to stop following it altogether and pick up differential equations or some other sufficiently less nerdy endeavor.

[As an aside, I think men can in fact go through premature menopause now since we've been so emascualted by society that we're basically just womyn with balls.]


|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?