<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, May 04, 2004

Missile Defense 

Now we have missile defense in America, apparently. I had previously been under the impression that the knowledge alone of the massive unbelievable nuclear retaliation a country would suffer by launching a single missile against the U.S. was sufficient, but I guess I was wrong.

But if it works, I guess I'm all for covering your bases.

My only problem is that when the generals were announcing how they would blow up incoming ICBMs in space using kill vehicles launched from Alaska that would travel at 20,000 mph, all the while being tracked and guided by multiple radar systems stretched out across half the globe, given that only 5 of their 8 "controlled" (read, rigged) tests actually worked, they kept saying under their breath to one another, giggling, "Anybody want to buy a bridge?"

What does that mean?

Makes you look back fondly on Reagan's nuclear powered space lasers.


|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?