<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

My 1st Song 

My favorite human moment is that instant between hopelessness and defiance -- those one or two hearbeats where a person says, "Fuck this," and goes once more unto the breach. I love that -- I think it is the noblest human characteristic.

I don't know if there is an exact word for it; if there is, it's probably German, because those motherfuckers will combine 10 adjectives into one and then call it a day. Maybe there is some point to be made out of the fact that the Germans combine words, the English/Americans are always coming up with new ones, and the French try their best to have as few words as possible. If there is, I bet Fred has already made it.

Anyway, I think the above as-yet-unnamed experience comes in large and small sizes -- going over the top of a trench being an example of a big one, and waking up every morning and going to your jackass job being a small one.

Where does studying for law school finals fit into schema? Well ... studying for the last final has to be close to certain death in a hail of machine gun fire on Flanders Field ... maybe a little lower ... but not by much.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?